Brisbane Trail Marathon Camp
Saturday the 9th of April
30km with a large Vertical Gain as to be expected from one of Ultra Training Australia Training Camps.
Get seriously trail fit and ready for the next big event on the Brisbane Trail Running Calendar. The Brisbane Trail Marathon and many other trail events using Shona Stephenson’s training ground that has helped her prepare for many local, interstate and international trail events over the past 3 years in Brisbane.
The aim of the Camp is to really teach you how to ascend and descend like a pro, while prompting you on your nutrition and hydration while teaching you everything the Team at Ultra Trail Australia knows about trail running, racing, training and recovering. We also want to ensure you are prepared for any Ultra Trail Australia or Skyrunning, Oxfam, Kokoda Challenge, Coastal Classic, Blackall 100 event that is coming up on the Trail Running Calendar.
We will be using some of the Brisbane Trail Marathon course but also some of Shona’s “Fun Training Runs.” This trail running camp will be challenging training run for everyone, taking advantage some of the most technical trails that are just at Brisbane’s doorstep. You will go away loving this part of the world and feel so much more confident about your new found trail running skills.
We will be watching out for tree snakes, brown snakes, wild bores, dingos, powerful owls, wallabies, pademelons.
To help you catch your breath after the descents as much as the climbs we will be work shopping techniques down the descents that are on par with Skyrunning Steepness, and guiding you though ascents that will prep you for Ultra Trail World Tour Events.
Brisbane Trail Marathon Camp Details
Saturday 9th of April Intermediate-Advanced ” Trail Master” Group 30km
- 5:30 am Session Safety briefing
- Pre-session weigh in for the hydration weigh in.
- Meet and Greet your new trail running mates and registration.
- Enjoy Green Tea and homemade Kombucha and Cold Press Coffee
Brisbane Trail Marathon Start Time 6:00am
30km Intermediate-Advanced “Trail Master” Saturday the 2nd of April
5-6 Hours Of Trail Work Shop
At the Brisbane Trail Marathon Training Camp we will be running a loop of the Brisbane Trail Marathon first as our warm up on the Augies Loop, then we will be taking you off onto Shona’s favourite training run for some real trail skill building session. It won’t all be hard and fast we will enjoy the magical rainforest of Bombana Trail, while popping back onto Double Break and a few more of Shona’s favourite training routes to gain maximum elevation gain and loss just like her last Ultra Trail Mount Glorious Trail Running Camp.
This is more than a trail run it is a “Trail Running Workshop”.
You will receive on the trail technical advise to improve your confidence on the trails. We will stop often to work though correct trail technique, body position, line picking, foot placement and creek crossings. The aim of the camp is to improve your confidence, to give you some helpful tricks to help you descend, climb more efficiently, more safely and with more speed.
The Group will be limited to 10 people. So please so not delay and book to secure your place.
We will be working the quick runners as much as the slower runners with challenging extra hill reps.
Shona Stephenson, as your hostess and will be assisted by an Ultra Training Australia Trail Running Sweeper to help out and give more tips on mental toughness, technique and share stories from their experiences too.
The Township Break, Double Break, Light-line Break are Shona’s favourite training runs with a challenging climbs, technical descent, beautiful flora, a rugged creek crossing at a camp ground that has some more side tracks that can be added onto to gain more kilometers. It is a great training ground for and Skyrunning, Ultra Trail Australia 100 or 50, Coastal High 50, Glass House Mountains, Oxfam TW Brisbane or Kokoda Challenge Event, Blackall 100 or 50km events.
After your 30km training run we will weigh in and test out your hydration plan for the day.
We are travelling into the depths of the D’aguilar National Park so we must all be prepared to remain safe in the event of an accident.
- Hydration pack with 2L Capacity. This can be made up of 1L Bladder and 2x500ml Bottles like the Inov8 Race Elite Vest
- 6-10 Serves of Hydration Fluid like Hammer Heed or gels or 100 calorie portions of food.
- 10cm Snake Compression Bandage (Yes, I have spotted snakes on this run and a wild bore bore tracks too)
- Emergency Blanket.
- 5cm x 5M Leukoplast Rigid Bandage
- Triangular Bandage
The conditions up at Mount Nebo are significantly different to Brisbane’s climate. On average the temperature is 5 degrees cooler and there is 40% more chance of rain.
In the event of bad weather a long sleeve thermal top and light weight, wet weather, seam sealed waterproof jacket with a hood will be required as part of your mandatory gear.
You will be notified on the 30th of March if the Water Proof Jacket with a Hood and Thermal Top is required. It is good practice to have this gear available and it is usually part of many race kit requirements. Please email Shona if you want pre-camp information about any mandatory gear.
Trail shoes like Inov8 X-Talons 212 are strongly recommended. If you do not have trail shoes please wear a low profile shoes, with good grip and see if you can borrow hiking poles if you are not confident with trail descending and ascending.
This is a challenging course but so much fun.
By the end of the session we will have you feeling more confident in your own ability, you will be picking lines like a pro and climbing and descending with less energy and with better form and technique.
Post Brisbane Trail Marathon Camp Seminar 11:30 am-2:30pm
Lunch will be served and the 3.5 Hour seminar will begin at around 11am, if all runs smoothly. This is trail running and delays can happen when out training in a group, it is just part of the adventure.
Brisbane Trail Marathon Training Camp Buffet Lunch will take place at Shona’s House in Mount Nebo with stunning views over the Samford Valley and out to Moreton Island.
Home Made Fresh Menu
Kombucha, Cold Press Coffee, Green Tea
Chia, Coconut, LSA, Oat Recovery Bars
Lemon Fat Bombs
Sweet Potato with Home Made Aioli.
Beetroot, Ginger, and Carrot Salad
Tofu Chips for the Vegans
Smoked Rainbow Trout
Please let us know in advanced about any dietary requirements and we will be more than happy to accommodate your needs. While we are all eating together Shona will be taking you though the following topics.
All recipes will be available on this website. See our blog for our weekly updates.
- Night Running Tips
- Runners Injuries and the importance of Cross training
- Ultra running race kit, equipment and technical advice
- Aid Station and Support Crew Strategies
- Sports Nutrition for performance, Hydration and Fuelling for racing-recap and questions answered about the trail workshop nutrition and hydration plan.
Brisbane Trail Marathon Running Camp Cost is $95.00
If you would like a pre-event training program to get you up to speed and ready for your next event subscribe for 3 months of online coaching for $330 including a Face to Face session so she can give you a bio-mechanic assessment and demonstrate the correct technique for her strength, stretch, plyometric, power, mobility and program. Shona is a sports nutritionist too so ask her for help with your every day diet and race and training nutrition.
The online Brisbane Trail Marathon and Coaching Package is $360
An $11 online registering surcharge will be applied with registering online. If you’d like to pay by direct debit please email Shona directly and she will give you her direct debit payment details.
Fitness Level Requirements for the Mount Glorious Trail Running Camp (one of below).
- Sub 2 Hour 15 1/2 Marathon
- 25km Trail Training Session on your watch, send Shona the details to see if you are fit enough for the training camp.
- Sub 4:30 Hour Marathon
- Or send us an email with your past two year trail race results (every race from 10km-100km in the past two years) with a description of your current fitness level, past marathon results and we may be able to accommodate your needs
- This camp is aimed at runners Prepping for UTA, Coastal Classic, Skyrunning, Blackall 100.
- If you are unsure of your current fitness level, please call Shona on 0417 693 281 and talk to her to see if this camp is suitable for you.
- Shona offers programs and online coaching. If you’d like Shona to write you a program designed especially for you. Please contact Shona and she will write you a program to improve your fitness and make sure you are prepared mentally and physically for the training camp and your next key event.
Contact Shona by
Mobile: 0417 693 281