Trail Running Camp What To Bring
Trail Running Camp at Mount Glorious. What to Bring? Even though the Mount Glorious Trail Running Camp is in March and you are unlikely to need most of the below Mandatory gear it is in the best interest of your safety and the safety of the group that you train with your mandatory gear. The weather in the Brisbane Hinterland can turn foul at any time so it is best to be prepared and to be safe. You will be advised closer to the date what mandatory gear you need for the session depending on the weather.
Ultra Training Australia also recommends that you train and test out your gear before you race. You will be confident with your gear choice and you should never try something new on race day that you have not trained with before. Shona prefers to wear the Inov8 Race Elite Vest and the Inov8 X-Talon 200 0r 212 Shoes.
Training with your full mandatory gear will develop the correct muscles on your body to be able to carry the extra weight on your frame. You will become stronger, fitter and more balanced runner if you train with the Mandatory Gear list below.
Trail Running Camp Mandatory Gear.
- 1x Mobile Phone (Telstra Next G preferred)
- 1x Compass
- 1x Whistle
- 1x Emergency Space Blanket
- 1xTriangle Bandage
- 1x Wound Dressing
- 1x Compression Bandage minimum 10cm (This is larger than the TNF100 recommendations but it will save your life if you or your friend are bitten by a snake).
- 1x Cap, hat or visor.
- Personal Medications
- 1x Zip Lock Bag for personal rubbish
- 6 Foot Track Map.
- 2.5-3L of Water or Fluid consisting of 1.5L bladder and 2x 500-750ml water bottle
Trail Running Camp Mandatory Gear for Foul Weather.
- 1x Thermal Top. Must be called “Thermal” not just a compression top.
- 1x Thermal Pants. Must be called “Thermal” not just a compression pants.
- 1x Waterproof Breathable Jacket with a hood, taped seams.
- 1x Beanie, Balaclava or Buff.
- 1x Full fingered “Thermal” gloves.
Pre/Post Bag for before and after the North Face 100 Training Camp
- Amoline, Vaseline, Body Glide or other anti chaffing cream.
- Blister pads.
- Wound dressings.
- Warm Clean Clothes
- Spare Pair of Shoes
- Water Bottle with Hydration Mix.